3. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, My Memory Tree is the data controller. If you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Personal Data and Information
4. We will collect your personal information through your use of the Site when you sign-up and as provided by you through your interactions with the Site and/or My Memory Tree directly. For example, we may collect your name, address, telephone number and email address. All information that you provide must be true, complete and accurate. We will, of course, also collect information your images uploaded to the Site.
5. When you use the Site, we also automatically collect and store information about your computer, browser or mobile device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device’s unique ID number; (b) your mobile device’s geographic location while you are using the Site; (c) your IP address: (d) technical information about your computer and mobile device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (e) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; (f) how long you used the Site and which services and features you used.
Use of Personal Data and Information
7. We do not share personal data with others except (a) when we inform you and you agree to having your personal data shared; (b) when you manage your My Memory Tree account to enable other users to see your personal data, including the images within your My Memory Tree account; (c) to respond to legal requirements (including under the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, or its local equivalent) or protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety; (c) to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and/or (e) if we sell all or part of our business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer. We may provide aggregated user data to advertisers and advertising networks,
8. We shall not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA without your prior consent except to (a) territories that ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data; or (b) companies that have agreed to ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data including companies in the US who are certified to meet the requirements of the EU-US Privacy Shield. For more information on the EU–U.S. Privacy Shield, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website here.
9. When you provide your personal data to us, you expressly consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can choose to no longer receive marketing emails from us by notifying us at email@example.com or within your account on the Site.
10. We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us.
11. A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser but will not let a website know any personal information about you, such as your name and/or address. These files are then used by websites to identify when users revisit that website.
Cookie Name | Description
_ga | Cookie used by Google Analytics
_gat | Cookie used by Google Analytics
_gid | Cookie used by Google Analytics
laravel_session | Cookie used by the application to store session variables.
XSRF-TOKEN | Token used by the application to protect against Cross-site request forgery.
13. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
14. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage, to personal data. The technology that we use and the security policies that we have implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use. Therefore, no system can be completely secure. However we cannot ensure that your personal data, or other interactions with the Site, other users or us will always remain secure.
15. You have the right to obtain from My Memory Tree a copy of the personal data that we hold and process for you, and to require us to correct errors in the personal data that we hold and process for you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
16. You have the right to require My Memory Tree to delete your personal data, but you acknowledge that if we do so, your My Memory Tree account will terminate.
17. To exercise these rights, or any other rights you may have under applicable laws, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: March 2017